Withdrawal, Cancellation & Refund Procedures for Adventure Sports events.
Adventure Sports understands that unforeseen circumstances, especially injuries, roster defections, player availability, etc. can occur over the course of a season. Teams should plan for the unexpected and understand that events sell out or reach max registration weeks and months before an event, forcing to turn teams away. Also, the scheduling process starts several weeks before an event is scheduled to take place.
When a team withdraws prior to an event:
The following conditions apply if the event if not currently at max registration. If the event has reached max registration, no refund will be given unless a replacement team is found. However, once schedules are set to be released on the Monday before the event there will be no refunds given regardless of whether a not a replacement can be found.
- If a team withdraws 45 days or more before an event: A full refund will be provided
- If a team withdraws less than 30 days prior to the event and a replacement team can be found prior to 48 hours before the start of the event, a 50% refund shall be given.
No Refund shall be given if:
- If a team withdraws within 45 days of the event and a replacement team cannot be found.
- If a team withdraws within 96 hours of the event: No refund is given regardless if a replacement team would be found. It is the responsibility of the team to notify the tournament director that they are not able to participate.
Refunds for cancellations or shortening of an event:
While Adventure Sports and our Host Partners will make every attempt to play each event, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may prevent an event from being completed or in some cases, even starting. There is a great deal of preparation and work that goes into planning and preparing for tournaments including labor, insurance and product purchases. In those cases:
For all events:
- A 75% credit will be given to teams that do not start any game in an event.
- A 50% credit will be given to teams starting 25% of its guaranteed games.
- A 25% credit will be given to teams starting 50% of its guaranteed games.
- No credits will be given to teams starting more than 50% of its scheduled games.
All FIeld rental Costs ,umpire fees, UIC fees, Assigning fees, credit card fees, field labor, admin and insurance – must all be paid despite weather cancellations and in most cases team withdrawals. Program directors must fully pay the rental fee in advance, and with no refunds ,
If governmental agencies shutdown our ability to play due to a national emergency or a state emergency, refunds are not guaranteed and contingencies and actions will be determined at that time once we know the extent of any shutdown and how the extraordinary situation would impact our ability to remain in business.
In the case where teams are due a refund but are registered and unpaid for future events run by the same director, that refund shall be applied to the balance due on those future events.
Adventure Sports reserves the right to adjust this policy at any time individually to teams or as a whole.